Age of Learning developed Adventure Academy—the world’s first premier (or “AAA”) educational massively multiplayer online game (MMO)—to help elementary and middle school age learners build critical knowledge of high-priority curriculum topics that are essential for success in school, in addition to building children’s self-confidence in and excitement about learning.
Focusing on language arts, math, science, and social studies, Adventure Academy offers thousands of highly engaging and effective learning activities in an immersive virtual world that kids 8-13 really love!
* Thousands of learning activities across hundreds of topics, including curriculum-based games, books, a wide range of other types of reading materials, educational videos, and additional interactive experiences addressing all major academic domains.
* Builds critical knowledge and skills in language arts, math, science, social studies, and more.
* Hundreds of hours of educational interaction and gameplay
* Learners create avatars to explore an ever-expanding world, complete learning quests to unlock new zones, and interact with other learners.
* Subscription-based service, fully COPPA compliant with no advertising or in-app purchases.
* Share amazing experiences with your best friends in a safe and secure environment that includes filtered chat functionality.
* Parents control the level of interaction their children have with other learners and can block all in-game communication, if desired.
* Play simultaneously with up to three other scholars on the same account on your individual smartphone, tablet, or computer.
* Complete quests and learning challenges with your friends to level up and advance your character’s abilities.
* Great for homeschoolers and learning on the go.
* Earn amazing rewards for your learning accomplishments
* Hundreds of clothing items, hair styles & looks give a seemingly unlimited number of choices to customize your character. Also, you can earn your own 3D virtual home.
MMOs like Adventure Academy provide a boundless canvas for educational content. They can contain zones designed to accompany content related to any subject or theme, and zones can be modified without limit. MMOs are also excellent venues for children to develop executive function skills.