The social world is a big, complicated place where we are all social detectives as we observe, gather, and make sense of the clues in different social contexts (settings, situations, and the people in them) to figure out the hidden rules for expected behaviors, as well as to understand how we each feel and think about what others say and do in a situation. This 2nd edition teaches social learners the power of observation, reading context, and interpreting clues to then choose how to respond in ways that meet their social goals.
A new structured approach to observation, new illustrations reflecting a broader range of inclusion and diversity in characters, practice pages and activities for deeper learning, specific teaching tips, and a glossary of Social Thinking Vocabulary and concepts are just some of the new material you’ll find inside.
Guide readers on a journey of discovery where they can
• Learn formulas for gathering clues by observing a setting, the situation, and the people it
• Be empowered to figure out how the social world works through their own detective lens
• Learn to identify feelings and emotions and connect them to behaviors
• Understand that all feelings are okay, even uncomfortable ones, and we can still learn and grow
• Get support from emojis and special word banks
• Find Social Thinking® core vocabulary words highlighted throughout to support and strengthen key learning concepts
• Have numerous opportunities to make smart guesses about hidden social rules in various situations
• See examples and tips for school, home, and community life
• Celebrate how all of us are social observers who are affected by others’ actions and reactions
Is this your Product Page? Improve it! Login now to update your information.