Lulu and her Abuelita spend a lot of time together while Lulu’s Mom is at work. It’s through sharing this time together that Lulu learns from her Abuelita how to cook, speak Spanish and care for others while Abuelita babysits. They also enjoy spending time together in the garden and listening to music. As time passes, Lulu notices changes happening and things just don’t seem the same. Abuelita is very special, and Lulu is determined to help Abuelita understand that she is still cared for and loved. Join Lulu on her journey as she discovers the different ways there are to express and communicate love.
*Loving Lulu is written bilingually in English and Spanish.
*Loving Lulu is also available translated into Spanish titled Lulu Amorosa in hardcover, softcover, and ebook.
*A portion of the proceeds from the sales of these books will be donated to the Lewy Body Dementia Association. www.lbda.org. The LBDA is an organization committed to advocating for, educating and supporting those affected by Lewy Body Dementia (LBD). LBD is
one type of dementia that is similar in some ways to Alzheimer’s but has many of its own different challenges.
Heartfelt themes and messages:
1. Grandparents play a significant part in the lives of their grandchildren as role models, mentors, and in creating memories. They demonstrate unconditional love, teach lessons, and make time together very special.
2. Children are very attuned to their surroundings and may not always understand changes that may be happening around them but feel invested when loved ones are affected.
3. We are all gifted with the use of our senses: sight, smell, sound, taste, and touch. Each provides a way to convey communication to stimulate memories which may help create moments of bliss and comfort for a person transitioning with memory loss.
Why are these books important at this time?
1. Although children possess youth and lack experience, they have the power within them to influence and create change through their own actions and creative resources.
2. The story of Loving Lulu is told through the lens of a child. The lessons within can easily be embraced by anyone experiencing a challenging situation within their own life.
3. This book touches on the subject matter of caregiving in that it embraces multigenerational family dynamics, bilingual and multicultural families, aging and memory loss, and utilizing our senses to demonstrate love in what we see, hear, and feel.
Is this your Product Page? Improve it! Login now to update your information.